Frequently Asked Questions
- Collection Address (By Appointment Only Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm)
- 34 All Saints Street, Bolton, BL1 2ER
- Please note office hours are 10am till 4pm Monday to Friday. There is an answer phone service if you need to leave a message or contact us. 01204 238 300.
- Warehouse Address (By appointment Monday to Friday 11 am to 3pm)
- N/2/6 Nortex Business Centre, 105 Chorley Old Road, Bolton, BL1 3AS
- Shipping & Delivery
- We offer free standard delivery on all items delivered to Mainland UK. The majority of our deliveries are carried out via My Hermes and are on a 2 - 5 working day service. If you need the item quicker we can offer a fast tracked service. For Next Day we use UPS and this is £8.40. We also offer an expeditied service which is a 2 working days, this is £4.80 and uses My Hermes. For overseas deliveries we use Royal Mail Small Parcel International Signed For or Ascendia Premium. Prices are location dependent and a quote can be seen by adding the item to your cart and selecting your destination.
For Next Day Service, items must be be ordered before 1pm. Next Day Service is next WORKING DAY. Orders for Next Day placed on a Friday, before 1pm will be delivered on Monday NOT Saturday. Orders placed over a Bank Holiday / Weekend will not be dispatched until the next working day.
Next Day to a Business address with be delivered during business hours. Next Day to a Home address can be anytime day or evening.
Items ordered after 1 pm will be classed as the following working day delivery. Therefore orders received after 1pm on a Monday will be sent on a Tuesday and received on a Wednesday.
Next Day service is only guaranteed for UK Mainland address, NOT Highlands, Islands and remote areas. If you select Next Day service to these areas it can be 2 to 3 days. The standard service to these areas can take much longer. Please Phone for Next Day to Highlands & Islands.
Other UK services available are Next Day Pre 9, 10.30, Pre 12. Saturday Delivery & Same Day
Express International services are available such as Express Next Day, Express Saver 3 Days. POA
*IMPORTANT NOTICE* Parcel and contents must be checked within 48 hours of receipt and any damages must be reported within this timeframe. Please note that if your parcel is not delivered within the expected time frame then please contact us on 01204 238 300 so that we can track the parcel for you - once 28 days have lapsed from your expected delivery date we are unable to claim for lost items with the courier and as such may not be able to track an undelivered item. This can then affect any claim for a refund or additional items being sent out.
If you are not home when delivery is attempted then the courier should attempt delivery on 2 more occasions. If the item is still not delivered then it will be returned to us. If you have received a card from the delivery but fail to collect your parcel prior to it being returned to us then please contact the office to discuss our Return to Sender Policy. We would not refund postage charges for items Returned to Sender.
All items are sent either Royal Mail or via Courier on a 2-5 (working) day service. In the event that there is a delivery issue or if you wish to track your parcel and require a tracking number please call Umbrellaworld on 01204 238 300 and we would be happy to help.
- Damaged, Incorrect & Missing Items
- We endeavour to send out every order we receive either same day or within 24 hours of receipt (except Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays) and we pride ourselves on going that extra mile to ensure a fast, efficient service. If your payment has gone through and you have not received your umbrella/s within 48 hours of expected delivery time please get in touch, by email or phone. Usually late items or those that get lost are out of our control; however we will do what we can to get your umbrella ASAP.
We recommend that you check with neighbours first as often items are left with them. If that does not help we recommend you contact your nearest sorting office or courier company with the tracking number. Many items that cannot be delivered are taken back there, sometimes without any communication. If nothing turns up here please give us a call and we will look into this further and at this stage can re send an item and follow the lost claim report. If the original item is then delivered we ask it to be returned to us / rejected at delivery. Again the honesty of our customers is very much appreciated in these circumstances.
Occasionally items are damaged in transit and are unfortunately out of our control. If on delivery the packaging is damaged in any way please sign for the parcel as damaged and let us know immediately. In this instance we will issue a replacement. If items are not signed for in a damaged state we are unable to make a claim.
- Please check your delivery within 48 hours of receipt so that any issues can be logged with us asap. We do ask that issues with incorrect, missing or delivered damaged items are made aware to us within 48 hours of delivery where possible. Please contact us on 01204 238 300 to let us know if your delivered item is not as expected.
- Returns & Replacements
- Obviously we hope that you love the item you buy from us but we understand that sometimes it just isn’t right, in this case please do give us a call and speak to one of the team on 01204 238 300 or email email@example.com
14 Days Cooling off Period;
If the umbrella is unused and not faulty & you would like a refund you have 14 days from receipt of the product to contact us to advise that you are returning the item to us. The item must be returned to us within 14 days of this notice, in an unsused, saleable condition with all labels intact. Please also enclose your order details. We will refund the product cost to you but cost of return P&P to us is non refundable. Express or Next Day delivery costs are non- refundable. Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the item / receipt of proof of return.
Please note that the item remains your responsibility until it arrives at our premises so we advise a postal receipt is obtained. *NB the cost of delivery back to Umbrellaworld is payable by the customer and is non refundable*
If the umbrella is unused and not faulty but you prefer to exchange your unused items you are be able to do so. Request for exchanges must be received within 14 days of receipt of goods and item must be returned to us within 14 days of return authorisation in an unsused, saleable condition with all labels intact. Please enclose details of your order and note the product that you wish to receive in it's place. Please note that any exchanges will be shipped to the address details on the original order, if these have changed you must make us aware.
Any price difference will of course be refunded or charged additional by way of your original payment method. Please note carriage costs for the return of goods and cost for the new item to be shipped are payable by the customer.
Beyond the Cooling Off Period;
After 14 days and within 30 days of receipt of the item we are happy to offer an exchange for unwanted goods. These are subject to the above conditions and P&P of the new item is payable by the customer.
Return of unsuitable items after 30 days are discretionary and if eligible would be subject to exchange only. All P&P costs to be paid by by the customer.
Returning a Faulty Item
Please check your delivery within 48 hours of receipt. If an item is faulty on delivery or develops a fault within 30 days of receipt please notify us immediately. We will arrange to have the item returned to us at our cost. Items must be returned within 14 days of notification of return and either a full refund or replacement will be issued on receipt of the faulty goods.
If your item develops a fault outside the 30 day period but within 6 months of receipt please contact the office to discuss the available options. After 6 months have passed we can deal with each issue on a case by case basis so please do contact the office on 01204 238 300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any items with extended warranty that develop a fault outside the 6 month period will need to contact the manufacturer directly. Please be aware that in these instances proof of purchase may be required to validate the warranty with the manufacturer.
Process for Faulty Umbrella Returns
Please take photos of the damaged area /s to show in as much detail as possible what has occurred. Send these images on email to email@example.com along with a description of the fault and how it occurred. These images are often then sent to manufacturers Head Office so that any faults can be monitored. They can also be used to establish if the fault is indeed due to a manufacturing issue or if the incident has occured through general wear and tear / misuse or due to wind damage.
Please note - Manufacturer Faults are covered under the terms and conditions of the warranty. In cases of accidental damage, misuse or general wear and tear the item will be neither refunded or replaced. Please also note that wind damage does not constitute a faulty frame and hence damage due to wind will not be refunded as faulty.
Please ensure you use caution when using your umbrella in the wind. Unless stated that an umbrella has been specifically manufactured and tested it is generally advised not to use your umbrella in windy conditions. As stated within Consumer Law products must be fit for purpose of use, it is therefore advised that umbrellas be fit for use and provide protection from rain but not wind. If you are in doubt as to the suitablility of your chosen umbrella for the conditions in which you may choose to use it please do seek advise first - we are happy to help highlight a number of products that have been tested for wind durability as well as rain protection.
*IMPORTANT NOTICE* Parcel and contents must be checked for damage at point of delivery. If the box is visibly damaged on delivery then please ensure you sign for as damaged and notify us immediately.
- Payment, Pricing & Promotions
- We reserve the right to amend and update the pricing of any items on our website at any time. Changes will not affect any orders already confirmed for despatch. We may from time to time run promotions or offer promotional codes or sale items. If there is an instance of obvious incorrect pricing (where the correct price for a product is higher than the price stated on our site) we may contact you to discuss this and could reject the order and notify you of this. Rejections will be decided at our dicretion, please note we are under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an error.
- Placing Orders
- We sell our products through a variety of mediums – the website, Amazon and eBay – all lead back to the same excellent service. Once you have selected your preferred items we have a variety of payment options to choose from – again all with the same service. However if you don’t find what you are looking for or are having trouble ordering online – please just give us a call and we can take your order over the phone. If we are not available to help for some reason, please do leave a message and we will get straight back to you. Call on 01204 238 300 or if you prefer, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Windproof or Wind Resistant?
- Unfortunately we cannot control the weather! So we and the manufacturers of umbrellas advise that you use caution opening an umbrella in windy conditions and to avoid use in strong winds and gales. Due to this we cannot refund umbrellas broken by misuse in the wind, as faulty. We are happy to refund genuine faults that do not stand up to everyday conditions. Windproof and wind resistant frame does not mean it will not blow inside out, it refers to the frame used which means in the event that the wind blows the umbrella inside out, it can be reshaped and used in the same condition as previously. This type of frame is used to help prevent the ribs of an umbrella from breaking and hence allow the umbrella to be turned back and used without fault.
Each individual umbrella manufacturer offers a different guarantee and for this to be validated may require registration, please check the label when you receive your item.
Please Note that any purchase of goods from the site www.umbrellaworld.co.uk requires the customer to consult and accept the companies terms and conditions. The click validating the order implies full acceptance of these terms and represents the customer's "digital signature"